Wave-Current Flume Two
Name of the Facility: DICEA-UNIFI Wave-Current Flume Two
Operator: Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (DICEA), University of Florence
The Wave-Current Flume Two (WCF2) of LABIMA - Laboratory of Maritime Engineering (www.labima.unifi.it), University of Florence, is going to be operative in 2019. It has been fully designed by LABIMA Team.
The wave flume has the following characteristics:
- 52m long, 1.50m wide and 2.00m deep.
- Generation of wave motion by a piston type wave maker, fully designed by LABIMA TEAM.
- Monochromatic and random seas generation up to 1.5m height in deep section.
- Maximum wave height up-to 1.1m.
- Bi-directional recirculation system with maximum flow rate of 600l/s (to be operative in 2020).
- Wave-Maker Control and data acquisition: NI LabView, MatLab.
- Main instruments: resistive wave gauges,acoustic water surface level gages, load cells, pressure transducers, acoustic doppler current profiler, electromagnetic flow meter, digital video cameras, fast camera, 6DoF video tacking system.