Wave-Current Flume Two
Name of the Facility: DICEA-UNIFI Wave-Current Flume Two (WCF2)
Operator: Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (DICEA), University of Florence
The installation has been built with the contribution of:
Fondazione CR Firenze, co-financer of the flume steel and glass structural part
AM3 Spin-off s.r.l., that is the owner of the wave-maker system that is shared with UNIFI in the framework of the joined laboratory A-MARE.
Wave-Current Flume Two (WCF2) of LABIMA has been fully designed by LABIMA Team. It has the following characteristics:
- 52 m long, 1.50 m wide, 1.5 m deep and up to 2.00 m deep in a flume section.
- Generation of wave motion by a piston type wave maker, fully designed by LABIMA TEAM.
- Monochromatic and random seas generation up to 1.0 m height in deep section.
- Maximum wave height up-to 0.7 m.
- Bi-directional recirculation system with maximum flow rate of 600 l/s (to be operative in 2024).
- Wave-Maker Control and data acquisition: NI LabView, MatLab.
- Main instruments: resistive wave gauges,acoustic water surface level gages, load cells, pressure transducers, acoustic doppler current profiler, electromagnetic flow meter, digital video cameras, fast camera, 6DoF video tacking system.