Wave-Current Flume Three
Name of the Facility: DICEA-UNIFI Wave-Current Flume Three (WCF3)
Operator: Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (DICEA), University of Florence
Wave-Current Flume Three (WCF3) of LABIMA has been fully designed by LABIMA Team.
The wave flume has the following characteristics:
- 20 m long, 0.4 m wide, 0.4 m deep.
- Generation of wave motion by a piston-type wave maker, fully designed by LABIMA TEAM.
- Monochromatic and random seas generation up to 0.30 m height in deep section.
- Maximum wave height up to 0.15 m.
- Bi-directional recirculation system with a maximum flow rate of 50 l/s.
- Wave-Maker Control and data acquisition: NI LabView, MatLab.
- Main instruments: resistive wave gauges, acoustic water surface level gages, load cells, pressure transducers, acoustic doppler current profiler, electromagnetic flow meter, digital video cameras, fast camera, 6DoF video tacking system.